Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, June 7, 2014

FALLING FEATHERS







 When a gila woodpecker
loses a feather,
he doesn't wail,
cry or moan.

He knows losing feathers
makes room
for new feathers
to be grown.

So when I lose
I should not cry
new opportunities
are coming,
by and by.


     I found this feather on my walk today.  Have you ever seen a feather before that had both stripes and dots on the same feather?  What is something unusual you have seen today?  Can you write a poem about that?  Have fu

1 comment:

  1. Awesome feather. I love the philosophy that accompanies your find!

    ReplyDelete