Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, August 2, 2015

SNAKE SKIN

Walking outside my house
I spied a snake skin.
I saw a rocky hole
and hoped the snake wasn't in.

If I take
this dried skin find
do you think 
the snake will mind?

     Life in the desert can be so much fun discovering all the flora and fauna.  Can you write your own poem today about a plant or animal that lives near you? Have fun writing.  

 
   Poetry and science can make a complete learning experience.

1 comment:

  1. Joy,
    Perhaps the snake would consider it a compliment that you want his old skin. He has new now and has no need for it.

    ReplyDelete