Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

HAPPY OCTOBER

Onward with fall
Crisp in the air
The geese they fly
Off to the south.
Bright colored leaves
Exit the trees
Rake them into piles.

     This poem is an acrostic.  The first letter of each line forms a word.  Can you pick your own fall word and write an acrostic?  If you want a greater challenge write a double acrostic, have the first and the last letters of each line spell out two different words.  What ever you do write and have fun.

You are the only you. You are unique. You count. You are important to my world.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I love how those creative leaves "exit." Very creative! They make a beautiful exit too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I thought "exit" was a fun verb for the letter E. Thank you.

      Delete