Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, June 17, 2016

Logan Reads


Logan loves to read
every book he sees,
novels, books of jokes, mysteries
monsters, dragons, ninja folks.
Every time he starts to read
his brain gets bigger, yes, indeed.

     What kind of books do like to read?  What have you learned from reading a book? Can you write your own poem about libraries, books or reading?  Have fun and enjoy your summer.

     Today is poetry Friday and the poetry roundup is over at  Carol's blog Carol's Corner.  You can find more poetry here.  Thank you,  Carol,  for hosting us this week.

5 comments:

  1. I wish I would have had this poem when my nephew Gregory was little. It fits him perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How old is Gregory now? Thanks for hosting us this week.

      Delete
  2. I wish I would have had this poem when my nephew Gregory was little. It fits him perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's too late to read to her, but Ingrid is spending the night and will love this. She is so proud of her reading ability, a beginner, but reading everywhere now. Thanks, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it wonderful when children read on their own. There are so many steps in the process of learning, from the right way to hold a book--I consider this the very first step, to the ah-ha moment when a child breaks down the code of letters meaning something. How fortunate Ingrid is to have you share her journey.

      Delete