Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

haiku

JoyAcey, 2017


moonlight
thinned to a thread
a snail slips a trail

Oh, I love when I make time to play in my studio with water colors.
I went outside early this morning at 6:30 to take the trash can out to the street before the trash truck came to pick it up.  Our sunrise is coming at about 7:16 now, so it was still very dark.  When I looked at the sky to the East, there wasn't even a hint that the sun was on its way.  Instead, I saw the almost new moon (such a thin sliver) with just enough light to add sparkle to the trail a wolf snail was making.
There is poetry everywhere if you just take time to be aware.

This weekend is the Chinese New Year.  There is a Lion Dance/parade in Lihue for the year of the rooster.  Chickens are very special where I live on Kauai, so this should be a special event.
Can you write a poem about something special to you?  Have fun writing and planning for a great weekend.

If you keep your eyes and ears open poetry will visit you.  Write.

1 comment: