Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

LITTLE CAT



The birds sing.
Little cat creeps.
The birds sing.
Little cat leaps.

Birds have all
flown away.
Little cat
is here to stay.

He sinks on haunches,
flicks his tail at the tip.
He washes his face
and licks his lip.

   I like that verb creep I used in the second line.  When was the last time you crept?  Why were you going slow?  Why were you trying to be quiet?  Did you want NOT to be noticed?  Were you trying to surprise someone?  Since I think creep is such a great verb, how about using it in a poem today?  Have fun writing creepy poems today.

   Today is Poem in Your Pocket Day.  Are you carrying a poem with you to share with friends today?  What poem have you chosen?  What poems did your friends share with you?  I hope you have a happy poetry day.

No comments:

Post a Comment