Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

MY NEW FRIEND

My new friend
is like a rock,
a plain geode
found in the desert.

As I get to know her
it's like cracking
that geode
to discover
the beautiful
crystals
sparkling 
inside.


    Oh, I've been having a lovely time writing poems this week.  This poem used two similes.  Can you find them?  What will you write about today?  Have a cool Saturday.  It is only supposed to get to 105 here today.

3 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I love this! You have me thinking of a unit of study about characteristics of rocks combined with a study of friendship skills/traits. Teachers and counselors could work together on this one, led by your vision. I hope you'll write other rock poems similar to this one and consider marketing them. You have so much talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Linda,
      This sounds like so much fun. I'm thinking granite and diamonds, slate and sand. Perhaps jade. Let me do some research and I'll try to see what I can come up with.
      Thank you for the compliment.

      Delete