Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

TREMENDOUS

Birds singing make a raucous racket.
The early morning sun wakes them.
They sing, coo and tweet loudly
to greet the springtime dawn.
Outside my window
they will not stop.
TREMENDOUS!
Waking
me.

    Today's poem is a nonet--a nine line poem of 45 syllables.  there are 9 syllables in the first line, and then one less in each of the following lines until you get to one.    Can you try writing your own nonet today?

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    If I were to tackle this, I think I'd write about the evening croaking of frogs after lots of rain.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, Linda. I do remember the loud croak of the bullfrog and the high pitched creek for the peepers in the trees. And after a rain, the humidity would be so high, and the air conditioning would be running in the house so the windows would be covered with condensation and the little peepers would climb with sticky feet up the windows. It was fun to get a belly-side view of the little frogs from inside the house. Is North Carolina still getting rain?

    ReplyDelete