Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, June 7, 2013

RAIN

Can you see the rain on my window?


Hey, what is all this rain?
Must be on the edge of a hurricane.
It's raining, pouring, falling, sheeting
I'm glad for all this rain I'm meeting.


     I used to not like rain.  The gray, gloomy days would make me feel gray and gloomy too.  Does it do that for you?  Then my friend William H. Hooks told me he loves rainy days because it lets him stay in to write, and I discovered that I really, really love rainy days too. There is nothing better than having a whole day to write away.  Can you write a poem about what you like to do on rainy days?  Do you read, watch movies, or make popcorn?  Have fun writing your poem.

2 comments:

  1. We have so very few rainy ones, perhaps like you in Tucson, Joy, that I do love them. They seem to be such a blessing. I like all your verbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, good verbs are a feast. Thanks, Linda.

    ReplyDelete