Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

DANCING SHOES

I have new shoes
they are dancing shoes
they fit upon my feet.

I have new shoes
purple dancing shoes
they help me tap a beat.

I have new shoes
pale pink dancing shoes
they help my feet to fly.

I have new shoes
silver dancing shoes
they lift me to the sky.

     Now that I've started this poem, would you like to add a verse?  What color would your shoes be?  What would they help you to do?  Have fun writing.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, this is a sweet one. I'm going to share this with my granddaughter. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete