Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

LACES

New laces in my shoes
tied in crisp white bows.
Keep them tight with double knots
or else they'll trip your toes.

    The inspiration for today's poem came from Adella Arceo who wrote her own poem LACES.  Her poem was written for adults and was much longer.  Your poetry challenge for today is to take the title from another poem and write your own verse to fit the title.  Have fun writing.



1 comment:

  1. My husband got new shoe laces yesterday. Colorful ones!

    ReplyDelete