Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, May 31, 2015

MY CAT

copyright 2015, Joy Acey



My kitten,
as everyone knows,
is the best cat 
you can find.
I dress her
in my doll's clothes.
She never seems to mind. 


copyright 2015, Joy Acey


     This poem was inspired by Stella and Sophie, two new friends I met last night.  Do you have a pet?  A cat?  A dog?  What do you do with your pet?  What does your pet do to you?  Can you write a poem about your pet (real or imaginary) today?  Have fun thinking about imaginary pets.


Writing children's poetry is the best way I know to meet new friends.





6 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Joy. My daughter used to do this, dress our cat up & then wheel him around in her doll buggy. He let her do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy,
    This cat is definitely the best sport you'll find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought my cat was a good sport.

      Delete
  3. Hey, I did this when I was a little girl and my Siamese cat Simey didn't seem bothered at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not much of a cat person, but this is a cute poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband isn't a cat person either. I haven't had a cat for at least 50 years. Isn't that the fun part of poetry, you can live in your imagination?

      Delete