Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I Am Who I Am

I push my way 
    out of a cocoon.
I dry my wings 
    in the sun until noon.

Then I'll flit
     and flutter by
Because I am
    a butterfly.


     This is a persona poem. It is written in the voice of the butterfly.  Many riddle poems are also persona poems when they ask the question, "Who am I?" 
Can you write your own persona poem.  Think of a common object.  It could be your backpack, lunch box, your dog or even your goldfish swimming around in a bowl.  Write a poem in that object's voice.  What would your goldfish want you to know?  Or write a riddle poem.  What ever you do, remember to use your five senses and have fun with your creation.

5 comments:

  1. I;m Popeye the sailor man.....

    Love the picturfe!!!!! and the poem goes perfectly with it. love you cloey

    ReplyDelete
  2. change I'll to just I .... me again ILY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy,

    I love that you write a variety of poetry forms. That keeps us thinking and searching for one that fits just right.

    ReplyDelete