Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sand Storm

The dust is blowing.
The air is warm.
We call it a haboob,
this BIG dust storm.

    I told you I like to make up new words, but I didn't make up haboob.  I learned this word from reading the newspaper.  Haboob is a new word for me, so I wanted to use it in a poem.  Can you remember the last new word you learned?  Poets like learning new words, do you?  Yes, you are a poet.

1 comment:

  1. Joy,
    I love how you challenged yourself to use a new word in a poem. Not easily forgotten that way. Creative and clever girl!

    ReplyDelete