Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

SELFISH SNOT

His elbow jabbed me
in the ribs.
He told me he was
calling dibs.

Upon the pear
I thought was mine.
I didn't think
his jab was fine.


I didn't think his jab
was kind.
I thought I'd share
some of my mind.

I wondered what
I should say
to let him know
he'd NOT get his way.

And jabbing elbows is not wise.
We need to learn to compromise. 

And with thisyellow, juicy pear
perhaps, he and I 
could learn to share.

2 comments:

  1. I really LOVE the title... Ily cloey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cloey. I didn't have a title for this poem when I got done, and this one is the first thing that jumped into my mind. Calling someone a "selfish snot" is probably not the best way to build friendships, and certainly NOT the best modeling of good behavior which this poem is about, but I enjoyed the alliteration of the title and I'll probably change this title and write another poem about a kid who is selfish with his snot when he has a cold--something one would hope children would do. If is much better than name calling.

      Delete