Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

VIEW FROM THE TRAIN WINDOW

Grapes hanging
on a vine.
Growing plump,
looking fine.
Soon to be picked,
pressed into wine.
Sounds to me
like something divine.


     I hope you are having a good week with your writing.  Have you ever made grape jelly?  The rich smell of the jam fills the house.  The steam fills the air.  The thick liquid poured into clear glass jelly jars creates beautiful gems.  What is your favorite flavor of jelly or jam?  Can you write a poem about that today?  Maybe you'd like to make yourself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to munch on while you are working.  (We all need inspiration.)  Have fun writing.

2 comments:

  1. I love that PB&J inspiration, Joy! I've only helped my mother make grape jelly, a long time ago. They grew grapes so they could make the jelly. I've made freezer strawberry jam, love it, so that's about all I can do. Nice that you wrote from your 'view".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      I'm coming over for a PB & J. Strawberry is my favorite flavor of jam. The prickly pear jelly I made comes in second. Hope you have a great weekend,

      Delete