Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, November 9, 2014

haiku

irritating sand
oyster works to soothe the hurt--
a pearl develops

    I've been thinking about how it is the irritations that help develop my creativity.  When I'm the most frustrated is when I work the hardest to find a good solution.  It is the bright sunshine that balances those dark moments.  So your poetry challenge for today is to write a poem about something that frustrates, hurts, disturbs you.  Have fun digging deep.

4 comments:

  1. You have the right attitude and work ethic and keep on going even when you're frustrated. Go Joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. And I keep thinking I'm not working hard enough.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Joy! This one is really, really great! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosi,
      I had about 6 variations on this topic before I got to the one you see. I'm still not sure it is right. I've been having fun thinking about the relationship between the oyster and the sand. One without the other would not be as great. I keep wondering if there might be a picture book in this story. What do you think? Would you do it like the Ugly Duckling?

      Delete