Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, February 29, 2016

HAIKU






day old baby chicks
cheep around their mother's feet
eating day old bread


  Look at the hen and little baby chicks I saw on my morning walk.  I  fed them some of the bagel I had with me and it was lots of fun to watch them scurry after the crumbs.  Actually there were over a dozen of the little chicks.  What is something you saw on your way to school?  Can you write your own haiku ?  Think of using your senses.  Can you include a sense other than sight?  Have fun writing.  

Much is waiting inside us to be expressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment