Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

THE WEATHER

Rain on the window.
Drops on the screen.
The weather is being
extremely mean.

Flood in the garden,
wouldn't you know,
out comes the sunshine
and there's a rainbow.

   Every morning for at least a month we've had rain.  Part of the fun of living on Kauai though, is seeing all the rainbows.  What kind of weather do you like the best?  How was today's weather different from yesterday?  What do you observe? Today can you write a weather poem?  Have fun observing and writing.

Today I'll be happier than a monkey with a bunch of bananas.


   Today I harvested a stalk of bananas from my tree. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment