Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Apology poems

Have you ever been so naughty your mother made you give a written apology to someone?  I started a series of poems to say I'm sorry.  So here is one.




To my teacher Mrs. Page,


I'm sorry I let Rosy
get out of her cage.

I didn't put the top on right.
and forgot to close the latches tight.

I never meant for her to sneak out last night.
This roaming around has caused such a fright!

I hope our principal Mr. Van-Kite,
has calmed down and he’ll be all right.

At least when he sat on her
Rosy didn't bite.

I'm so sorry I let our snake slither out.

Sincerely,

Benny White

2 comments:

  1. Joy,

    I'd love to see a collection of apology poems, thank you notes (forced to send) and other connected ones for a school collection. I think your idea is SO clever!

    Linda A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,
    I'd love to write that collection of poems too, but so far I've only got a half dozen apology poems. If you have ideas for things a kid should say SORRY for, let me know and I'll see what I can do. I've been working on this for some time.
    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete