Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Aroma of Home

This poem has its inspiration from a poem by this title written by children's poet Bridget Magee.  If you haven't visited her blog site, take a short trip to www.weewordsforweeones.blogspot.com


AROMA OF HOME

Saturday morning, 
I'm lying in bed.
The day that I'm planning
whirls in my head.

When all of a sudden
I hear a loud TOOT.
I'm sure it's my father,
he's let a big poot.
A stinky aroma
floats down the hall.
"Hey, Dad," I yell to him,
"Is that the wake-up call?"



    Some mornings you don't need an alarm clock to wake up.  Can you write a list poem about the things that wake you up?  Do you have a dog or cat that wakes you?  A baby brother?  Do you wake to the smell of pancakes, or the sound of bacon sizzling?  Have a tasty time writing.

1 comment: