Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dinosaur Food Fight

I love the idea of having a food fight.  Actually, I did have one once with a squeeze bottle of ketchup.  A boy watching was so upset that he started to cry and I felt terrible about that.  He remembers how upset watching made him feel and I've never done it again.  So, take my advice and avoid food fights if you can.



    
DINOSAUR FOOD FIGHT

The dinosaurs are having
a fight over food.
I know their behavior
is tremendously rude.
Tyrannosaurus Rex is baring
his teeth--they're white.
Stegosaurus is snapping.
He's ready to fight.
Apatasaurus is snarling.
Oh what a sight!
Allosaurus is gnashing
his jaws to bite.
Triceratops is gnawing,
with all his might.
The pteradon’s feet are clawing,
They're gripping tight.
Ankylosaurus’s tail is thrashing.
He's signaling fright!


I’m leaving this party
as quick as can be,
Cause the food that
they’re fighting
over
                                                 is
ME!

     Do you like knowing about dinosaurs?  I do.  Try writing your own poem about a dinosaur.  Have fun and share your poem with me if you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment