Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Slippery Sunday

Sorry this is late.  I'm on my way home after spending the weekend in Honesdale, PA at a Highlights Educational Foundation Workshop titled SOMEBODY OUGHT TO WRITE A POEM led by superb children's poet David Harrison.  I had a wonderful time writing poetry with 7 other great children's poets: Susan Carmichael from OH, Cory Corrado and Carol-Ann Hoyt from Canada, Rebecca Menshen from PA .Heidi Mordhorst from MD, Jeanne Poland from NY and Ken Slesarik from AZ.  These are all terrific poets and I learned so much just by writing poetry with them.  It was a great workshop and it has been a long time since I've laughed so long and hard.  I want to thank each one of them for all the help they gave me .

So here is a very short little poem.


SHHHHHH


Shhhh
Don't tell my sister,
she's sure to squirm,
eating her salad
is a little green worm.


What bugs or insects did you see today?  Can you write a poem about it? 
While I was at Honesdale, I saw fireflies at night.  They were the first ones I've seen this summer. 
It was exciting to watch them flash.

2 comments:

  1. will try again.. hope it works.. loved the feather... eagle ... dream poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy,

    I'm so glad you got to attend the Highlights poetry workshop and enjoy the company of other poets. What a treat!

    Linda A.

    ReplyDelete