Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Secrets

Shhhhhhh!
Don't tell Mom
what is in the package
I've hidden under my bed.


Shhhhhhh!
Don't tell Dad
what is his gift
that I've wrapped in red.

Shhhhhh!
Don't tell my sister,
even though she's nosey,
I've slipped her present 
under my pillow
where I keep it warm and cozy.

For each family member
I've wrapped Christmas presents,
I've put them out of sight
and I don't want them
guessing the contents.

So I've hidden all their gifts 
and tucked them all away
so my family can't see them
until Christmas Day.

     The holiday season is a time of secrets.  Can you write a poem about the big secret you are keeping?

1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet poem, Joy. If I remember correctly, I took one of your workshops (2007, maybe?) at the Carolinas SCBWI Fall conference in Durham. You were wearing a tiara. :)
    You've got a real gift!

    ReplyDelete