Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Haiga Bird of Paradise



Bird of Paradise
flying on an island breeze
singing Aloha


     Part of the fun of being on a Hawaiian island is seeing all the colorful flowers and having the time to appreciate them.  Can you name your favorite flower?  Can you write a poem about it?  This is a haiku.  If you get stuck you could try an acrostic, or a list poem.  Have fun and enjoy the time.

3 comments:

  1. just saw this flower in Spain and saw it in south florida too. enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make the flower seem so bird-like. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy...I loved this haiku about Birds of Paradise so much I decided to use it in the description of one of my Flickr pictures. I have attributed it to you...and here is a link so that you can check it out. I assure you, tasteful and appropriate. Wonderful haiku.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/huffy1166/6704812345/in/photostream/

    ReplyDelete