Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

SNOW GLOBE

I can have winter
whenever I want,
all I have to do
is turn the snow globe 
over, see the smiling snowman
watch white and silver snow
flakes falling.

I can feel the globe,
like a snow ball,
chilling my mittened hand.
The cold runs
straight to my heart,
warms like fire,
like magic,
all I have to do
is turn the snow globe 
over and
BELIEVE.


     Do you believe in the magic of the holiday season?  A season of giving and sharing?  So, close your eyes for a moment and think about your own make-believe snow globe.  What is in there?  What do you see?   Are you in your snow globe?  What does it feel like?  Who else is there with you?  Now write a poem about that.  I'd love to see your globe.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joy,

    I love how you tied believing to snow globes. 'Tis the season for believing. I imagine some of your readers collect snow globes. Perhaps they'd write about their collection or something else they collect. Your poems lead creative minds in lots of different directions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Linda,
    Thanks. I like your idea. I'm going to have to write a poem about some of the things I collect. Right now I'm trying to winnow down my book shelves. I collect too many things. Hope you holiday is merry and bright with lots of good writing and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very happy that there is someone who thinks about world about population your idea is very nice and effective .......

    HNI calls

    ReplyDelete