Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, December 2, 2011

TANGERINE

I am Tangerine
bright orange fruit
tender, thin skin
like a dancer
in black fishnet
I swill,
I twirl,
I loop,
across
a fireplace mantle
to dive
into the toe
of your
Christmas stocking. 

     Do you get a piece of fruit in the bottom of your stocking?  It is a tradition in my family.  For today's challenge, how about writing a list poem about all the things that can go into a Christmas stocking?  I'm still having fun.  I hope you are too.

3 comments:

  1. This brings back pleasant childhood memories and the blend of smells from fresh fruit stuffed in a Christmas stocking. I also enjoyed the playful antics of the tangerine. FUN! Your poems make Christmas extra jolly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the gift you just gave me. I like the idea of my poems being jolly. I'm so lucky to have a good friend like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much! It's fun!

    ReplyDelete