Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Tree

All
week
I've waited
for this day.
On my sled Dad
loads some rope, 
and a small ax, and
his chain saw.  He picks
up the lead rope to pull my sled.
"Come on," he says.  "Let's go get 
us a
Christmas
tree."


     Does your family put up a Christmas tree?  How do you get your tree?  Who picks it out?  What does the tree look like?  Here in Arizona a lot of families do not put up Christmas trees, they decorate the cactus.  Or, they have artificial trees.  Can you write a poem about your tree?  What does it smell like?  Feel like?  What do you like best about your tree?  Have fun writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment