Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bubble Magic

The faeries are blowing wee soap bubbles,
they're growing like flowers in the tall grass.
They are sending you an invitation
come along every young laddie and lass.

Come play with the bubbles and drink some tea.
Dine in your bubbles and blow one for me.

     Yesterday, children's poet Eileen Spinelli gave me a bottle of soap bubbles.  She said it would help me to get in touch with my inner child.  It was a bottle of magic.  I took the bottle outside and blew bubbles. They settled in and on the long grass.  The glistening orbs made me think they would be the perfect thing for a faerie tea party.  Each one held a rainbow.
     This poem has a really long line for me.  It is a pentameter (5 foot) line.
Do you like blowing soap bubbles?  Can you write a poem about that today?  Or experiment with using your own pentameter line.

5 comments:

  1. Joy,
    What fun! I'd like to dine in a soap bubble. How many will one accomodate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda and Carol. I do like the way this picture makes me feel. And it was a lot of fun taking it. I hope your day is filled with fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Joy,
    How cool! I love bubbles.
    Bubbles on the porch.
    Bubbles in my hair.
    Bubbles on a straw.
    Bubbles in the air.
    Sun beams color the bubbles fun!

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it didn't reach 106 degrees today in Tucson, I'd say I like the sunbeams part. Nah, I still like that and your whole poem. Thanks for sharing it.

      Delete