Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

It's RAINING

It is starting to rain
what does it matter?
On the tin roof
pitter      patter
The drops are falling
fatter and fatter
ping  Pang  PONG
I'll get NO sleep
while the rain
sings  
        its song.



I'm in Honesdale, PA at a Highlight's Foundation Workshop titled Poetry for All.  I'm having a good time learning from David Harrison, Eileen Spinelli, Rebecca Kai Dotlich and 20 other children's poetry writers.  It has been raining and I've been watching little frogs jumping along a path, a garter snake slithering through the poetry rock garden and a robin red breast building a nest--all things very different from the desert of my home.  The rain is different too.  I'm enjoying everything here.
    What are you enjoying today?  Can you make a list of the things you enjoy?  What makes you happy today?  Choose one thing to write your poem or use them all in your own list poem.  Have fun.
 

1 comment:

  1. Joy,

    I'm so happy to hear that you're having a wonderful time. Why not end this poem with something like this...so I think I'll just sing along. Maybe you can end with harmony sounds of your own.

    ReplyDelete