Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Pogo Stick


This is my pogo stick
it bounces up and down.
I jump and jump
on my pogo stick
until I tumble down.

     Write about one of your toys or possessions.  Start with the line, This is my _________________  (fill in the blank) and get rolling.  I'd love to see poems about the things you treasure.  Have fun writing.

3 comments:

  1. This is my jester hat
    that jingles as I write.
    It adds a sense of humor,
    showing my characters
    in a different light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your poem, Joy, and Linda's too. Hmmm... I'll have to think about what I can add here!
    This is my golf club....

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are my socks.
    They are never alike.
    I'm just being considerate,
    My feet like comparing their clothes!

    Some people are shocked
    And shake their heads
    I shake my head, too
    At how sad their feet must be.

    ReplyDelete