Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Fruit Salad

Please understand,
eating fruit, I like
a lot.  I find it
cheers me and makes me
happy and healthy.



A peach is a furry fruit
I bite in soft and sweet.
Tasty and yummy
it's a fruit I like to eat.


     Can you identify where I've used alliteration in these poems? 
     What is your favorite fruit?  Do you eat fruit at lunch?  Can you write your own poem today about a piece of fruit?  If you had a bunch of grapes what do you think one grape would say to another?  Sounds like a riddle poem doesn't it?

Q: What did one grape say to another?
A: Welcome to our bunch
     stick around my purple brother
    and we'll have you for lunch. 

   Oh, I think that is bad.  Definitely needs some work.  Anyway, have fun writing.
Happy May.

6 comments:

  1. Love your interactive site.
    Jeanne Poland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jeanne,
    Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. What fruits are you eating today?
    Can you believe it is only 10 more days until I see you at the Highlights Founder's Workshop for Poetry?
    HUGS
    Huge
    Unbelievably
    Great
    Squeezes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. try it's tasty and it's yuummy.... love you


    and I like your hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joy,
    I liked the silly riddle. The purple brother line made me laugh. What if you redo the order slightly and say, "Welcome to our bunch, my purple brother. Stick around and we'll have you for lunch."

    ReplyDelete
  5. MAKE MORE FOR TEENS TO USE IN COOKING CLASSES BY THE WAY COOL POEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Do teens still take cooking classes? I thought that was removed from the curriculum.

      Delete