Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Acorn

An acorn
dropped
from
the top
of a 
tall
oak
to spin
whirl
twirl
then
plop
into
the 
soft 
earth
to be
covered
in a
colorful
patch-
work
quilt
of fallen
leaves
to sleep           S  again.
until               E
spring          S
when          I 
it              R



      I've been playing with spine poems again.  This one reads down before you start up again as the acorn drops and then starts to grow at the end of the poem.  Was this one hard to read?  I've been having fun with thinking about things that drop.  It is Sunday, so have fun writing your own poem today.

4 comments:

  1. I love this, Joy! It is beautiful, and is easy and FUN to read. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Becky,
    I hve more of these coming. This is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy,
    I can see this poem paired with creative movement/dance for stage or the classroom. Please consider writing a collection and sending them to an educational market!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is good... I can see it spinning and twirling and going plop in amongst all those colors. Ily cloey

    ReplyDelete