Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

One Hot Chicken

Today it is
very hot--
enough
to bake 
an egg
on the 
parking lot.

Sizzle,
steam,
cliente.
Break an egg,
let it drop,
cooking there
in the hot.
Chicken runs
far away.
Poor chicken,
it's a HOT day.

3 comments:

  1. im black so I love this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what race has to do with this poem. And wouldn't you be African American, unless you don't live in the US. Anyway, thank you for liking my poem, and thank you for taking the time to read it and leave a comment.

      Delete