Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

BLESSING AND GRATITUDE

After midnight
I step outside
into the quiet
of darkness.
I watch and listen.
I see
great flashes 
of lightning
illuminating the desert;
hear great roars
and rumbles of 
cracking thunder.
Such power,
such unpredictable beauty.
I feel very small
amid this power and strength.
I'm only a small part
of this great world.
There is something
far greater than I am.
I'm grateful to be
a part of this universe,
blessed by it. 


     Happy Sunday.  I hope you enjoy your day and have fun writing your own poem today.
Have fun.

1 comment:

  1. Joy,

    I love the message here: feeling small in a big world. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete