Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

HUSH PUPPY

Hush Puppy, Hush Puppy,
Don't howl to be fed.
Here is a piece
of hot, fried corn bread.


     I'm thinking about a series of very short poems about all things Southern.  Can you write your own poem about something in your region?  What does it mean to be from the Midwest?  What does the North West have that is missing in other states?  Is your state known for bragging?  Try writing a poem about it today.  Have fun.

2 comments:

  1. Love your hush puppies hush puppie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea and a great play on words. I love forward to all things Southern! Yee haw!

    ReplyDelete