Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Who Is Home?

(original art by Joy Acey, all rights reserved)


When eating an apple
try not to squirm
if the bite you have taken
is home for a worm.

     Gosh, this is the second worm poem I've written in a week.  Can you write your own poem about a creature that lives under ground?  Have fun.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen any worms lately, have you, Joy? Te he, this is funny, would give a big laugh to some little ones I suspect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy,
    Love it Joy! Definitely got kid appeal! I can see this one used in creative movement or modified to be similar to "The Old Woman Who Swallowed a Fly." How could you not wiggle like a worm if you ate one? You are so gifted!

    ReplyDelete