Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, June 25, 2015

DUCKLINGS

I saw some little ducklings
swimming in the lake.
The mama duck she paddled
with babies in her wake.

Everywhere I looked
I could not see the drake,
just the mama duck with
her ducklings in her wake.

   Did you see an animal today?  Can you write a poem about your sighting?

The best thing about children's poetry, is to see the laughter it brings to a young person.

5 comments:

  1. OMG, Joy. This is adorable. I hope you are sending this one out. I'll bet Ladybug or High Five would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Two votes, I guess I'll see if I can put together a small group for submission. Thanks for the encouragement. I've got a great picture to go with this one.

      Delete