Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June 27, 2015

 TAMALES

This food is 
too hot for me.
I think you used
too much chili.

  One of the fun things about traveling is the opportunity to try eating new foods at new places.  What was the last new food you tried to eat?  I recently was visiting Bar Harbor, Maine.  I got to eat lobster rolls, and crab rolls.  I'd never eaten crab or lobster on a bun before.  It was very good. For my breakfast, I had blueberry jam made with maple syrup on my toast.  That was totally yummy.  Of course it throws my diet totally off.  But, we all must make sacrifices when traveling.  Can you write a poem today about trying a new food?  Have fun writing.

Children's poetry feeds my soul.

1 comment:

  1. Joy,
    This reminds me of Peas Porridge Hot--"some like it hot, some like it cold, some like it in the pot nine days old." Fun how our brains take us to something stored there! I bet it had to dust off that shelf to read the words. Tee hee!

    ReplyDelete