Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day, Dad.
You're my hero and I'm glad
when you take me to the park
and push my swing until dark.

I like when we see parades
and listen to the marching band.
I'm glad today is Father's Day.
I think my dad is grand.

    Did you write a poem for your dad today?  Did you do something to honor the men in your life?  Try writing a poem about what you did today.  Have fun writing.  Happy Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Joy,
    I almost hear another poem in here about what makes Dad your hero. So happy you had a great childhood and your dad played an active part of your life.

    ReplyDelete