Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, June 26, 2015

THE TROLLEY

The trolley runs on a track.
Clickety-clack, clickety-clack.
Down to the harbor and then turns back.
Clickety-clack, clickety-clack.

    Have you ever ridden on a trolley?  How about a bus? Or a subway?  Can you write a poem about a mode of travel?  Where will you go? 
Your poem can be about something real or imaginary, just have fun with the writing.  


Children's poets live the BEST lives.


2 comments:

  1. I like the poem's rhythm. I like the rhyme. I like the theme.

    Today, I'd have to paddle a boat, due to all the rain we're getting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of San Francisco. I agree with Linda A. Nice rhythm and rhyme.

    ReplyDelete