Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

HAPPY VALENTINE DAY

Here are some Valentine rhymes for book characters.

To Harry Potter.
You really are swell.
My Valentine for you
is a secret spell.


For Horton the Elephant
Here's what I've sent,
A friend who is faithful
100%.


For Ferdinand the Bull
this Valentine Day,
I'm sending you
a flowery lei.


For the French girl, Madeline
a very special Valentine--
a package of drawing chalk
for drawing straight lines.
on the sidewalk.


      Now it is your turn.  Can you write a Valentine verse for your favorite character?  I had fun writing these verses.  I hope you have fun with yours.  Please share your creation in the comments below.

7 comments:

  1. For Valentine's
    I'll buy Popeye a pipe
    and Olive Oil a new dress.
    Sweetpea gets spinach
    and Brutus gets the boot.
    I'll loan Whimpy the money
    for a juicy hamburger,
    and I don't expect payment
    next Tuesday
    or any day there after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, This is really fun. I never knew you were a Popeye fan.
      Thank you for the Valentine.

      Delete
  2. For Wilbur the pig--a trough of swill
    and a spider friend, who loves him still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great couplet.
      Thank you for playing with me.
      Thank you for the Valentine.

      Delete
  3. Great idea, Joy! Very nice.

    Sweet couplet by Anonymous, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tabatha. Hope you had a great Valentine's Day.

      Delete
  4. That huge my hart and kiss it. keep up the good work. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY JOY

    ReplyDelete