Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

DONKEY


Our donkey calls
at the break of day
Hee-Haw, Hee-Haw
in his donkey bray.

I think our donkey
is trying to say,
Will someone come
to feed me?


     I'm having fun playing with my art supplies again.  I'm not sure my donkey's ears are long enough.  If you had a pet donkey, what would you do with it?  Poet and journalist May Sarton had a pet donkey.  She has written a book about him,  The Poet and the Donkey, and many poems.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    It must be frustrating to be talking and no one understands. In this case, I imagine you're right about the donkey's message. I enjoyed learning that May Sarton wrote a book of poems about her pet donkey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Linda, what a great thought. I'll see if it turns into a poem. Thank you. You are always inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete