Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

LAZY SUNDAY

Lately I stay
in the shade a lot.
Yesterday it hit 110
and that's really hot.

I thought I'd go swimming
to try and stay cool
but the thermometer says
it's 93 degrees in the pool.

    Oh boy, this is a lame poem, one most kids wouldn't identify with.  But it is Sunday, and I'm being lazy. With our weather there's not much to do but stay inside in the air conditioning and read a book.  What are you doing today?  Can you write a poem about that?  It is a fair bet that it is cooler where you are.  Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. We're supposed to hit 90 today, but then cooler again-heat wave already! You move into the house just as we begin moving outside, Joy. I'm in my final week of school, so busy! Maybe 'busy' is my word for the next poem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BUSY sounds like a fun poem topic. Enjoy the writing when you get to it. I went to the dentist for a root canal this morning. I think I would rather have spent the day with your end of school activities.

      Delete
  2. Joy,

    In your area, shade must be at a premium. Cool off any way you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Saguaro doesn't cast much shade, you're right. Bless the person who invented air conditioning. I think there might be a humorous poem in that. Let me think about it.

      Delete