Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, June 21, 2013

MY FACE

I look at my face
and what do I see?
I see bright eyes 
looking back at me.

I look in the mirror,
I say, WOWs.
I see my two
arched eye brows.

In my hair 
I'm wearing bows
and I have freckles
on my nose.

My mouth, it is
an amazing thing,
I eat, I giggle,
I even sing.

Perhaps you'll laugh
when I grin,
below it all
is my chin.

And if you stick
around a while
I'll show my teeth
when I smile. 

It's not a mask
made of plastic.
I think my face
is quite fantastic.    


     Do you like your face?  How is your face different from a friend's face?  How are they the same?  Can you write a poem about your friend's face?  Have fun writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment