Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

PERSPIRATION

I'm hot
and 
I'm sweaty.
My body 
is aglow.
I'm 
the 
stinkiest
kid
I know.

       Sorry for this smelly poem today, but I just couldn't help myself.  Oh, it is so much fun to feel just a little bit naughty.  Your challenge for today is to write about a smell.
Theodore Roethke, wrote about a "congress of stinks," in his poem about the Root Cellar. Sylvia Plath wrote, "our noses/ Take hold of the loam" in describing Mushrooms in her poem.  So how would you describe a smell?  Have fun writing and playing with words.

1 comment: