Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, September 30, 2013

IT STARTS WITH THE GRASSHOPPER

Grasshopper hopping
down the road,
he got eaten 
by a toad.

Toad was hopping,
made a mistake,
he got eaten 
by a snake.

Snake slinked off
said, See you later.
He got eaten
by an alligator.

Alligator swam
off to the sea,
said, I'm so glad
I am me.

Until he was caught
by a hag
and was made into
a lady's hand bag.


     Who would eat the alligator?  It is all part of the food chain.  Can you write your own food chain poem today?  Have fun writing.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    This one was fun! It made me want to find a jump rope and give it a whirl. Do you jump rope?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, Linda. I've worn out many a pair of shoes jumping rope. I saw a TV program today though with a woman who hula hoops. It said in 20 minutes she burns 200 calories. Sounded good to me. Do you hula hoop?

    ReplyDelete