Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

HURRYING RIGHT ALONG

Hurry, Hurry,
Rush, Rush
Hustle, Hustle
Quick, Quick
Speed along, Speed along,
Now, Now
Faster, Faster
Pronto, Pronto
Sometimes
I'm moving so fast
I barely avoid
disaster.


    Try reading this poem as fast as you can.  Can you say it so fast and not  stumble or stutter?  Now for fun, can you write the companion poem about poking along?  Have fun writing.

2 comments:

  1. This is what I needed today, & what I felt like, Joy. What a day! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May your summer have many days of calm contemplation.

    ReplyDelete