Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

Guess Who

Who always makes me
feel like a star?
Who drives me around
in the family car?

Who cooks for me
and packs my lunch?
I love this person
a whole big bunch.

Who changes the sheets
on my bed?
And cuts the hair
upon my head?

Who helps me with
my school homework
and keeps me from being
too big a jerk?

Who puts the bandages
on my scraped knees?
And at bedtime
reads to me?

Who never forgets Christmas
or my birthday?
You're really terrific,
what can I say?

I love you, Mom.
You're lots of fun.
I'll always be
your loving son.



    I hope you have a great Mother's Day.  What fun things have you got planned for today?  Can you make a list of the things your mom, or someone else does for you?  Perhaps it is a friend, your dog, the school librarian, your grandma, or a teacher.  Then try writing your own GUESS WHO poem to say thank you to that person. In England they don't celebrate Mother's Day on the same Sunday that we do here in the United States, and they call it Mothering Sunday to honor all the folks who do the job of mothering others.  This would include day care workers, nurses, grand-parents, aunts and uncles, too.  Have fun writing your poem.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I enjoyed learning that in England all who provide care for children are honored for mothering. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome, Linda. There is always some information to share. I hope you had a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete