Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2014

WHO AM I?

She zips around town,
with her cat named Doom.
The witch rides on me,
I am her __ __ __ __ __.

This is a riddle poem, but it is also a mask, or persona poem.  If you were a broom, what would you be made of?  Who would have made you?  How would you have become magical, if you are?  Where would you live?  Would you play quidich?  What can you tell us about your life and the person who rides you?  If you live at a school, what do you do after the children all go home?  How do you get along with the other brooms?  What advice would you give us?  Can you write today about being a broom?  Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment